Friday, February 3, 2012

Alien Landed


I have become that person. The person I hated through my entire 20’s. The person I would ‘write off’ for all social activities.

The alien arrived January 2nd and my life had turned completely upside down ever since. The arrival of the alien is so long and traumatic I’m currently putting together a high school speaking tour to bring an end to all teenage pregnancies :)
The shit ‘they’ don’t tell you about the end of pregnancy/giving birth/afterwards is enough to bring an end to the over population of the planet. It is a good thing I didn’t know or alien wouldn’t be here. And those who have had children can’t say they forget – because that shit can’t be forgotten, it’ll probably cause me night terrors for life!

BUT.
The alien is awesome. HE rules my world – seriously. He has taken over everything. He is within feet, if not on me 99% of my time. I am constantly thinking about if he’s hungry, if he’s gassy, if he’s dirty, if he’s breathing – Yes, I’m that mom that wakes up to watch his chest move up and down.

Watching him is my favorite thing to do. Watching his facial expressions or his hand gestures, or even watching him pitch a fit is priceless.  A month in I can tell when he’s hungry (he gives me a one-eyed pirate face), when he’s gassy (he smirks or screams), or even when he’s going to put a load in his pants (he puckers his lips).

We named the alien Grayden, but we also call him Grady. He is the reason I’ve fallen off the face of the planet. I haven’t gone to any social functions – why? Well, first was for medical reasons stating I could not drive, but if you knew me you’d know that wouldn’t stop me for long. It has been because I’ve been so  tired I don’t trust myself to transport G, and because I’m breastfeeding I’ve been avoiding caffeine (because why give something that won’t sleep caffeine?!?). When he does sleep I get precious time to sleep or eat or shower – often only one. Get properly dressed with make-up and everything? That’s a dream.
However, as hard as it has been, and the extra weight I need to lose before August (Sis’ wedding), and the complete write-off of my social life, it is all worth it. I live for our cuddles in bed every morning after T leaves for work, and his smiles melt everything and anything that could at all be bothering me. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life watching him discover his.

So, as I get time and energy back to myself I’ll be updating more, believe me I’ve got PLENTY of stuff to share.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yay!! I was wondering when we were going to hear that you'd had him. He's beautiful!! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete