Sunday, February 14, 2010

So....

Hello!



I've thought about doing this for a LONG time, and then backed that thought up with the excuses of having no time or lack of interesting things to write about.



While sitting at a John Mayer concert last night I had an epiphany. Crazy right? I was attempting to remember how long it had been since I had last seen him in concert and came up with 6 years - or negative one career, one house, one marriage, and several youthful amazing moments ago. I came to the quick realization that 'oh my god I'm going to be 30 really, REALLY soon'.



Am I ok with this? No. Do I feel grown up? No - but then again I don't want to either.



I thought the twenties were about self discovery and getting somewhere in life, and that you are supposed to come out the other end of it complete and with self worth? Well I'm too damn close to the other side and I'm still completely out to lunch on life - so I've decided to embark on a journey.



From this day on I have exactly 466 days until I'm forced to be thirty-something, and I plan to go down kicking and screaming and tossing massive fits of denial. But - I also plan to get the most twenty-something has to offer. So here's the plan:



1. Purchase the book 'Swim Naked, Defy Gravity & 99 Other Essential Things to Accomplish Before Turning 30 - a check list. Written by Colleen Rush, published by Penguin books. CHECK.



2. Review List & determine if possible. CHECK. (see next post)



3. Notify husband of adventure at hand and have him determine I'm batshit crazy. CHECK.



4. Learn how to, and create a blog. CHECK.



So here it goes.....feel free to join me, offer advice, share stories, etc. This is going to be one hell of a ride!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You are sooooo blog worthy. You are indeed one of the battiest chicas I know! I only wish you lived closer and we could still be silly and crazy together like we used to :)

    ReplyDelete