Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#75. Collect correspondence with friends

I had every intention on sending out random ‘just because’ cards to all of my friends inviting them all to meet me individually when our schedules were open for a tea, coffee, or glass – who am I kidding, bottle of wine. But seriously folks, I just don’t have the time.


I’ve been feeling a little:



Lately. Mostly self-imposed, and a little overboard as here is the conversation between two people who correspond with me daily that I got brought into after they had determined I should be Santa.

From: Mary
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:27 AM
To: Cassondra
Subject: J9

Is freaking insane!!!! She just told us she was addressing Christmas cards last night. Seriously, we need to do an intervention!


From: Cassondra
Sent: October 5, 2010 10:28 AM
To: Mary
Subject: RE: J9

Oh, I went shopping in the States with her, we looked at every Christmas section.

From: Mary
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:31 AM
To: Cassondra
Subject: RE: J9

Shopping for Christmas stuff is one thing, addressing your cards in October is just nuts!!! Lol


From: Cassondra
Sent: October 5, 2010 10:33 AM
To: Mary
Subject: RE: J9

Yeah I know- she’s a little wacky but we love her.


From: Mary
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:35 AM
To: Cassondra
Subject: RE: J9

Yes, we do. We have to find a way to harness her powers for the benefit of all mankind!


From: Cassondra
Sent: October 5, 2010 10:47 AM
To: Mary
Subject: RE: J9

We could make her Santa Clause


From: Mary
Sent: October 5, 2010 10:48 AM
To: Cassondra
Subject: RE: J9

Knowing her, she could probably find a way to do a better job than Santa!


Yup, Crazy – that’s me. I also correspond with two other friends almost daily via email, as I don’t write letters or notes much anymore unless they are on a post-it.

The other emails sent today probably shouldn’t be published – it is a lot of ‘can you believe T did this’, and ‘did you see that?’, and ‘I can’t stand….’.

However, after the last post (that I emailed promptly to my best friend) I received:

From: kim
Sent: October 6, 2010 12:24 PM
To: J9
Subject: RE: Blog

Holy sappy batman...


actually made me tear up!



SUCKER :)

No comments:

Post a Comment