Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pink

The color pink has been haunting me recently. It started with the hot pink bridesmaid dress that did not fit. The dress has been hanging on the inside of my closet door taunting me every time I enter my bedroom. The annoying ‘Final Countdown’ song by Europe would play in my head as I’d make a mental note of just how many days were left before I had to wear the dress. There were back up plans in place to have a seamstress alter the dress or even a plan to cross border shop for an entirely new dress.

With 28 days left until I have to wear the dress, the dress fits!

Remember my ‘I’ve joined weight watchers’ post? Well, 10 weeks in I’ve lost 17.5lbs, am back in all my pre-pregnancy  clothes, and am 9lbs from the lowest weight I recall in the last oh say decade. But I’m not stopping now there is more pink!

Check out these beauties:


These are NIKE lunarglide +4’s and they are the best pair of running shoes I have ever owned. Sure I find them a little flashy, but who cares – they are beyond comfortable. These shoes along with the new jogging stroller from my previous post and a child who wakes me up between 5am & 7am most days have allowed me to get back to running 5k each morning!!! I run 5K most mornings before T even leaves for work.

And there is still more pink!

On September 30th I have decided to do the ‘Runfor the Cure’ for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation – you know because my pink shoes will fit in there J I may even dress G in pink and bring him along for the run? I felt so amazing after my ½ marathon a few years back and don’t have the time to train for anything that large, but I think a fun 5K, and maybe even a 10K in the fall might be do-able. A friend and I will be participating as a team – which is still nameless, but if you’d like to donate shoot me an email: neener19@hotmail.com

And just for shits and giggles here is Aerosmith’s ‘Pink’

No comments:

Post a Comment