Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine’s Day Fail


Apparently having a one year old in daycare requires a parenting guide book as I have no clue what Valentine’s Day etiquette requires of me. Nor, did I expect my child to come home with any valentine’s.

Yesterday I reached into G’s bag to reveal a valentine from a boy named Ethan. I cried of course. G’s very first valentine! I do not know who Ethan is, but I knew right then that if I showed up empty handed today that I would forever feel guilty about not giving Ethan back a valentine.



Now G’s daycare is an in-home daycare where I think there is maybe 3 or 4 full time kids with a few that come before and after school. As I drop G off so early in the morning I never see the other kids and well T isn't really attentive when it comes to paying attention when he picks him up, so I had no clue what age kids I needed to send valentine’s to?

My first thought was just cards – but G is too young to personalize them so not creative enough. My second thought was helium balloons – some argue not safe & there was no way I was finding them on such short notice in my small town. So I asked my mom group (a group of about 160 ladies with kids all the same age as G). The solution came quick – fish valentine’s day cards and gold fish crackers.

Off I went to the grocery store at 7:30pm in search of what I needed. They had gold fish crackers, but no such luck on fish valentines, so off I went to the craft department. Do you think I could even find fish stickers?

Here is what I came up with. I spent the night cutting, gluing, sticking, taping…..


I now have a yearly reminder in my phone on February 1st to remind me to get a list of names and to start the valentines WAY in advance.

Poor T, all he got was a chocolate bar with a bubble guppie’s sticker on it in his car!


No comments:

Post a Comment