Friday, August 21, 2015

The HA

-->
Meet the Hairy Asshole.

This is Finnegan. He is just over 7 months old. He is the new family pet.

I’ll backtrack a bit by telling you about the passing of Banditt (MY cat of 13 years in January). He was awesome. He attended college with me, moved something like seven times with me, and survived both kids. He was part Maine Coon. He followed me from room to room, loved to cuddle, was very vocal, was great with the kids, and even strummed like he was playing the guitar – again, awesome.

I miss him dearly.

Who has replaced him is a neurotic, energetic, kid chasing, counter jumping, apple cord chewing, hairy asshole.

He’s a purebred hairy asshole. I was very specific on wanting that breed again because Banditt was so awesome.  I also wanted orange, and a male. Luckily I only had to travel 1.5 hours to find him. He was one of a litter of eight who lost their mother at two weeks and were hand raised until I could bring him home, so I figured he’d be awesome.

He’s…. challenging. He will eat anything & everything he can get his paws on. I’m forever chasing him away from the kid’s food, or tossing him off counters.  He actually ate a 2 foot section of a fleece type rope toy. I rushed him to the vet; they tried to make him sick, that failed, so I was sent home to observe him for 3 days (time it should take to pass). One and a half months later, he puked up that toy, along with a hair tie, and a rubber band.

You see what I’m dealing with? I took a pic of the puked up toy to prove to the vet and T that I was NOT crazy that he indeed ate that much – but I’ll spare you.

So I’ve tried to come up with a dollar figure of what this cat has cost me to date. I’ve had him for four months. Cost of cat, food, litter, two vet visits, apple cords, = $1820!!!

So now about the good things about having HA; he does follow me from room to room, he’ll sleep with me at night, he gives plenty of kisses, and tries to get on my lap. He’s AMAZING with the kids. A carries him around by his neck, pulls his tail, and basically lays on him and he loves her. He will actually try and sneak in and sleep with the kids if we leave their doors open. I think that’s it. But our family wouldn’t be complete without a cat, and he IS still a kitten, so maybe his assholeness will wear off??


Maybe wishful thinking?!

(Oh yeah, and he's HUGE already)

No comments:

Post a Comment