Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Let's not do that again for oh another 12 months.

Well it's over. Now we can all go on & get on with day to day life - oh but wait, the plague hit T & I starting New Years day so basically 2016 is still on stand-still for us.

I now have a four year old. I had to type that out because I am finding it hard to believe that life goes by that quickly. He's four but acting 10; calling T by his name, wanting to 'kill' things, people have become 'stupid' or 'losers'. Awesome. Thanks youtube kid's app. The only really cool thing is his new love for Mario kart - I've still got my racing skills!

Christmas was Christmas. All that was expected happened. Lots of family, lots of food, and only a few potential disappointments & disasters. You know, like my Keurig dying Christmas eve day. Luckily for me (and everyone on the planet) I had purchased a back up 2.0 model the Christmas prior with points and it was waiting ready to set up. J:1, World Ending:0. Then just for shits & giggles my town ran out of Baileys. How is that a thing?! Luckily my neighbors (probably in fear) stock piled for my visits and held me over until I could drive 25 minutes to get some. J:2, World Ending:0

New Years was spent binge watching season one of Bravo's Girlfriends Guide to divorce. Then the plague hit. The kids have had free run of the house and really random food tossed at them for survival. The only wonderful thing about it hitting now is that the house is full of new toys to keep them entertained. I think I'm about 80% now, T is still down for the count. Kids luckily have gotten nothing, but give zero shits about how their parents are feeling.
Me lying on the cold laundry room floor in the dark and the tiny humans joining me - because who needs silence when you have a migraine?
I'm coming up with a plan for 2016. You know list of books to read, # of pounds to lose, projects to create - oh and some reviews of some Christmas gifts. All the fun stuff. Trips, budgets, life plans.

Then my mind wanders to my four year old going to school in the fall, and all the things that go with that, and I start having slight panic attacks. Oh outside world, be nice.

Now I must sleep or I will never get better. I need to reclaim my house from the tiny humans and start the year!





No comments:

Post a Comment