Monday, June 21, 2010

Flying Solo (#26 & #50)

#50. Lose your virginity again


According to the book I am not supposed to just hop into bed with anyone out of lust or curiosity (done and done years ago - not discussing.) So after how long can you consider it losing your virginity again? Now I have been married nearly 2 years so we’re not exactly newlyweds anymore. How does 30 days tickle your fancy? Yes, I’m being serious – not a joke, just very, very bad timing. It started with not being the right time of the month, followed by the wisdom teeth nightmare, and 2 weeks of business travel for T.

I am an organized person – how did I not see this dry spell approaching? Wait - is dry spell an underststatment? -it's all Sahara desert up in here. Banditt's morphed into a camel. I spend my days scheduling my life so that one thing does not overlap another, and that enough time is allotted for each event. I guess now I really have to schedule everything.

To make matters worse when T finally does arrive back in the Country next weekend I will be picking him up and we will be spending the weekend at my parents for a family wedding. Next weekend is also our second wedding anniversary – so it may just be time to do #60 and do it somewhere risky. This madness needs to end.

So I guess I’ve found the secret to keeping your love life spicy – be miserable with each other, followed by a period of pain and unattractiveness and sedation, and when you’ve recovered and have the itch, make sure your significant other is in another Country -works amazingly well. It won’t be a “hey it’s you again”, it’ll be a “You’re FINALLY home”. This makes all you single folks want to run to the altar – doesn’t it? Good, I’ve done my job.

But wait. There is a bright side to all of these horribly timed events. The first being my new found love of avoiding pain by sedation. The second being an amazing weekend at the cottage spent with just my sister (this has never happened), all of these blog entries that I’m logging because I have time. TIME. I never have time, and I would have energy too if I could just eat solid foods again. But time oh how I’ve missed you. I have written, and read books, and slept. I think I’m getting a little taste of the good life –but at what cost?


Here is #26 Masturbate. – CAUTION FAMILY MEMBERS (yes mom, that means you)

Right from the get-go I never thought there would be a time when this subject would even be close to approachable. I’ve gathered people’s opinions on how to approach the subject and thought about it myself, and I’m not a prude (who am I kidding?) – but there is only so much you should tell complete strangers and all of your family members. Family should not be thatclose.

There has recently been a debate on what age sex ed should be taught in schools. I honestly can’t remember being taught anything until grade 9, and believe me masturbation was not one of the top subjects. It was more of a “You’re too young to be doing this, but if you do, wear this, and here’s how to put it on” – not “here’s option B – touch yourself”. My first real introduction was I believe grade 12 when a friend who had an older sister started openly sharing things that I didn’t want to hear. Then I decided why do it yourself when you can have others do it for you? Years later I realize that was the wrong approach.

(This pic has absolutely nothing to do with this post, I just think it's brilliant advertising and wanted to share)

So taking this approach I am sure I am years behind the experts as according to the dairies I’ve been reading (for an upcoming blog) I have rarely been single. I started doing some research into aids to see what I’ve been missing. Just looking at these websites are enough to make me blush. It’s like – you do what with what? Where? Um.No.

And that's all I'm saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment