Friday, August 20, 2010

#101 - Bounce Back

When I tell you that I have had the week from hell, it is an understatement. At some point I must have pissed off a witch doctor, broken a mirror, or crossed a black cat – I never believed in superstitions until this week, and well, there is no other way to explain the non-existent luck that has been ALL mine.


Are you squeamish? SKIP this paragraph.

Remember the nightmare of the removal of the wisdom teeth where I discovered just how old I actually am? You would think that the experience was over and forgotten about, with it being months later.100% WRONG. I started feeling what felt like a tooth coming into where the wisdom tooth had been removed, and a sharp piece was pushing on the side of my gums, and it hurt like hell. So off to the dentist I went where not only was I given a needle, but I also got my gums cut open to expose the piece of bone that had fallen and the sharp edge shaved off because the piece was too big to be pulled out with pliers – YES, they tried, and I was awake for the entire ordeal.

Next came yesterday morning. I was on my way into work stopped at a light on a highway off ramp waiting to turn left. Well, the dumbnuts at the front of the group weren’t on the sensors so the light was not changing and cars were backed all the way down the ramp. Others decided to hop in the right hand turn lane and turn right then do a U-turn and head back as they didn’t want to sit there all morning. I look at the clock, realize I will be late for work if I wait longer, and decide to do the same thing. That was the most horrible decision EVER. The guy behind me pulls out, I follow him, and as we approach the intersection this jackass decides he should be in my lane, and cuts over about to side swipe my car, so I move to avoid him and hit the guy in front of me.

Like this: (as drawn for my co-workers)


The guy in front of me is a complete ass. He’s driving a Nissan Altima, and gets out of his car with a note pad, and demands my license and insurance info. I look at his bumper as we were driving all of 10 km’s an hour and my license plate has left a mark the length of the side of it, and that’s it. The guy is losing his mind stating that his entire bumper will have to be replaced and that his engine started making a noise when I bumped him. BULLSHIT. Now I know I’m a girl, and I have blonde hair, but I know enough to know that the engine is located in the front of the car, and that the mark on his bumper is nothing. However he’s a pompous ass who was acting like the world is coming to an end.

There is no damage to my car (Volkswagens are tanks), except for a turn signal bulb has burnt out. Easy enough right? WRONG. I go to Canadian Tire and tell them what I need and they hand me what looks right, I bring it to my mechanic, he pulls out the bulb and I have the wrong bulb. Back to Canadian Tire with the bulb I require in my hand. Do they carry it? No. I have to go to the dealership. So I call the dealership and they want to charge me an hour’s worth of labour to replace a light bulb and re-glue some rubber trim that is loose. I don’t think so. Guess who’s doing it all herself?

I call my insurance company to give them a heads up that a pompous ass will be calling about his bumper, and they tell me I need to go to the reporting station that is on the other side of the city – when there is nothing wrong with my car!!! So I do, I get there and am told because the accident happened on the off ramp and not on an actual city street I need the OPP which is located two seconds from my work. I end up at the OPP office where the officer is basically laughing at me for reporting it as he agrees with me that there is nothing wrong with my car. Then he proceeds to tell me that no charges will be laid. CHARGES?! WHAT THE HELL. I am only there because my insurance company requires it, not to turn myself in. F&*K this.

To add insult to injury on the way home from work the coffee that I didn’t get around to drinking or emptying spills all over the passenger seat. Then when brushing my teeth I re-open the gums that were JUST healing. This morning, I’m ironing in the nude (to be explained in a later entry), and I burn my arm.

I can’t win. My life hates me. But am I taking it lying down? Did I climb back into bed and pull the covers over my head? No. I’m bouncing back. I’m not letting anything else bad happen. It is finally Friday and I returned to the scene of the accident (which I will have to do daily), and felt fine. I drank my fresh roasted hazelnut vanilla coffee that I didn’t get to yesterday without spilling, and I’ve planned an amazing weekend for myself. Hello Mr.Brightside - wanna make out?

Bouncing back is not hard if you don’t give up on yourself. Now where is the booze?

1 comment:

  1. Hazelnut vanilla? Yum.

    Also, that guy sounds like a prick. Kick him.

    Sorry your week was so rough.

    ReplyDelete