Thursday, October 11, 2012

Good Will

Hello Again!

As mentioned in the previous post I have been gathering clothing for good will. And here is what I came up with!

This is AFTER I took 3 bags already. Two of my clothing and one big WHOOPS of T's. During this process I discovered that my husband is hoarder of pants - khaki dress pants hemmed to his 29 inch pant length. Some relatively short man is going to be very well dressed. With the pants in that pile, plus what is in his closet, and a few that are still in storage I bet the man had close to 70 pairs of pants. Now tell me...WHO has the shopping problem?

I went on Good Will's website to find out where to take my items locally and found this great calculator telling you what an impact your donation will make. Here are my results:
           *I counted the dress pants as suits as there wasn't a dress pant option*

I tell you this feels great! Not only am I giving to people who need it, but I'm also creating more space in my house.

Next up will be the foodbank. I've started seeing donation boxes at the LCBO, stories on the news, and articles in the paper. I've got a lot of stuff here from my 'the baby is coming and I must buy everything in bulk' era and my '10 for $10 cross border must buy everything grocery steals!' era. Plus, I'm going to grab a few things that they have listed as needing.

These days of charitable giveaways feel amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment