Friday, October 5, 2012

Mission Services


The weather has changed here recently. It is cooler, the skies are gray, and the leaves have turned amazing colors. It is beauitful to just go for a drive for the views (and I do this often so G will nap). It is also Thanksgiving weekend, and while I should be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to attend every family Thanksgiving dinner going, G has a contagious eye infection so we are stranded.

As much as I will miss the people, the conversations, and the food, I will hopefully get to spend some quality time with T and G and get more items sorted for my upcoming Good Will donation. Speaking of which in true J9 style when spring cleaning on minimal sleep in the early months after G was born I seem to have donated all of T's winter clothing! Oops!

I've gone through bins labeled 'too big' or 'too small' and couldn't find 'winter' - why? because it doesn't exist. I'm not sure how I did this? But I also lost a box of cheques and supposedly a set of T's work keys.

So now I seem to have piles of clothing that T doesn't fit into and none that he does! This could be one expensive fall/winter as he sure is one picky dresser.

So..back to Mission Services. My original plan was to put up for sale some kitchen items we were no longer using (toaster oven, platters, glasses, etc), but decided to donate them instead. I just haven't had the time to take pictures, upload, post, and then schedule pick up or delivery.

However, a friend mentioned needing a desk to replace one her son had ruined and I just so happened to have a spare in my basement so I sold it for $30. $30 bought 9.66 Thanksgiving meals for men this holiday :)

I hope those men enjoy their turkey while G & I eat KD & cheerios :)

No comments:

Post a Comment