Wednesday, March 24, 2010

#61 – Open a bottle of champagne & My Guilty Pleasures

After reading that this blog should be about opening a bottle of champagne properly with a towel and that I should dry clean clothes that should be dry cleaned (you know I’ve reached that age) I’ve done neither. When I opened the bottle the cork shot half way across the room and both my sis and I screamed, and I dry clean nothing. Whoops.



I also drank the entire bottle – on a Wednesday, oopsie? Life happens – so I apologize for the grammar and whatever else goes down. It’s one of those days, and I suddenly have a new found love for spell check.

So now that I’m not embarrassed of what I find embarrassing about myself, let me tell you all about them and I’ll regret this NEVER. “I do not regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do”.

1. 90210. I love this show. I used to love the original, but I’ve become hooked on the new version. I absolutely hate Gossip Girl, and all those I can dance/sing shows etc, but 90210 I watch religiously. I’m 10+ years out of the high school life (ugh, must drink more) but an hours worth of teen drama is exactly my cup of tea. Right now Rumor Willis (or the one with the chin?) is in it as a Lesbian hitting on my favourite characters– absolutely wonderful. AND how did Demi Moore & Bruce Willis produce something with that chin? Neither of them have it! Or, have they had it surgically removed?

2. Perez Hilton. Hooked. In the AM & PM I get my daily dish of celebrity dirt from Perez Hilton. Why do I care? I don’t know? Lives more interesting than mine are a distraction? I don’t know? But I’m hooked, plus I absolutely adore gay men – so that helps.

Crap. Broke the seal. Damn champagne. Keep this train of thought for me.....

3. Rap Music.You know the dance parties I speak of regularly? Well they happen numerous times daily. But lately due to my goal to accomplish all 101 things and require a beat to keep me moving, I’ve become a fan of rap. That’s right I’m talking Drake, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye, Akon & T-Pain. These people make me move my ass and run when I don’t think I have the energy or strength, but they also make this chick think I have rapping skills at 8am on my way to work (I absolutely don’t, and I apologize if you ever see me.) But come on my pre 30 freak out wouldn’t be complete without lyrics like “Sitting in a sandpit, life is a short trip, the music’s for the sad man. Forever Young, I wanna be forever young”.

4. Whitney Houston. This woman pulls me out of every slump I’ve ever gotten myself into. I’m not into the whole 2010 post heroin Whitney, I’m talking early 90’s (I hate 80’s music – just as a side note). Many times over the years I have blasted “I want to dance with somebody”, while in all emotional states of mind. Hell, if this comes on while at work you’ll even catch me dancing where I shouldn’t be. I don’t care – it’s my 4:53 minutes of therapy, and it works.

5. Ok, this is the absolute worst. I can’t even believe that I’m admitting this. This started years ago when I’d have to drive 2+ hours home from school at night, and now randomly. I will, if I happen to find it while switching radio stations(last night), listen to the John Tesh radio show. Ugh. Can’t believe I typed that. Seriously ‘Intelligence for your Life’ is something that not only intrigues me intellectually, but also allows me to listen to all the embarrassing music I’d never admit to listening to on a regular basis. This is where I catch up on all the latest Michael Buble, etc, and being a music person this is important right? RIGHT?

Ok so there, you now know a few more random embarrassing tidbits about me. I’m also occasionally into beyond girly movies, and I treat Banditt (the warrior princess) as if he were a human being. It’s completely justified by the fact that he’s been around longer and been through more than most people with me.

I am a person that thrives on feeling alive. I need constant stimulation to avoid boredom and no matter what my age is, will never know truly who I am. As much as this would bother most people, to me it makes life more interesting.

This blog may not always be interesting and I sometimes feel uninspired, but I am never one to let anyone down – it’s against my persona.

Ok. T is telling me I should act my age and get sleep. I disagree, knowing that a café mocha and some rap music at 8am will revive me. Ahhh, the joy of being young :)

Also I'm about to be man-handled on the weekend in my quest to accomplish getting a massage - stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment