Sunday, November 21, 2010

#94. Cry Often

It all started with




And went downhill from there. Animals are my weak spot. Most people watch baby food & diaper commercials and go ‘oohhh’ and ‘ahhh’ at the babies, where I’m that way for kibbles & bits or those white kitten toilet paper commercials – they get me every time. Or, how about those adorable polar bear and penguin coke commercials for winter?

How could you have possibly watched the Nissan commercial and not went ‘awwwwww’?!

Recently I’ve had some spare time on my hands with unused vacation days being taken every Friday this month so I’m catching tv I wouldn’t normally watch on Friday nights as I tend to stay in the city after work until the wee hours of the morning.

Anyway, flicking through channels I come across a show on CMT (Country Music Television?) called ‘ER Vets: 24/7 Animal Trauma Centre’. It’s narrated by Jann Arden, and if you’ve ever heard her sing ‘Insensitive’ her voice just rips your heart from your chest, tosses it over the Grand Canyon and then steam rolls the remains. My eyes didn’t just water, or possibly shed a single tear, I all out ugly cried for a sold half hour THROUGH commercial breaks. I should probably not ever watch this show again for my emotional wellbeing, but you know what? I set the PVR, and even recorded the show before it called ‘Pet Heroes’ as if I want the torture!

When T used to travel, I’d drive him to the local airport, help him get his bags from the trunk, give him a hug and kiss and then cry until I was about 5km’s away from the airport. T leaving this time was taking the car and driving to a larger airport so you would think that I’d be fine? Nope. I helped him carry his bags to the entry way, told him I’d see him in 3 days (he’s home over the American thanksgiving), and then listened to the garage door close from inside and then cried. He’s only gone 3 days this week, but still, the house seems so empty.

I guess I’ll go watch all that quality tv programming I’ve pvr’d until my tear ducts malfunction in defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment