Saturday, November 27, 2010

½ Way.

Today I'm 29 and a ½! I am now closer to 30, than 29. I’d like to say that the closer I get the better I am with accepting the reality of it, but that’s probably just the remnants of last night’s alcoholic beverages calming the nerves.

I think what’s also helping is the fact that I don’t feel older. It’s not like I’ll wake up and life will be different, old age just trickles in so slowly you don’t know it’s hitting you. Some things I have noticed (and not just in the last 6 months), are more wine headaches, zero tolerance for anything that seems to waste time, complete dislike for reality television, and a desire to have everything done.yesterday.

What I find odd (as friends speak of this), is that there is no noise coming from my biological clock. No tick, no peep, just complete silence. This makes me question a few things and wonder if it will ever tick? If anyone ever asks about me having children the answer is always ‘maybe next year?’ I have compiled a crib list (things to accomplish before baby), and it seems to get longer and longer. All those things I wanted to do when I grew up still haven’t been done.

When I was little my parents had the answer to every question I asked (and often still do), and I don’t think I have all the answers yet, and find myself still asking questions. I know we can ‘Google’ something at any moment, but it just isn’t the same.

I don’t want to grow up. In the last week I’ve eaten movie theatre popcorn for dinner, started the first Mario Galaxy game from the start to see if I can beat it, spent a night and day with University students (and kept up), and today I have zero plans of getting out of my pj’s the entire day. I’m doing all the things I dreamed of doing in my early twenties, but couldn’t afford to.

Another thing that completely freaks me out is that when my mom turned 30, I turned 7. I remember it. I now remember my mom at the age at which I am at. Something about that frightens me.

I have accomplished 49 of the 101 things, which is a good feat for ½ way, however I’ll have to kick it up a notch. I’ve basically been just living life and fitting them in where they occur naturally, but that’s getting hard.

It’s all making me look at things a little closer, and question things a lot more, and determine what needs improvement or change. I’m not where I thought I would be with 6 months to age 30, but progress is definitely being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment