Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#54. Write a body manifesto.

Swim Naked, Defy Gravity and 99 Other Essential Things to Accomplish Before Turning 30
According to the book, I am to come up with a list of all the things I like about my body so that on those days where you are miserable and absolutely nothing you own looks even remotely good on you and you just want to crawl back under the covers and hibernate that you read it and feel ok about yourself.

Yeah. Right.

No list is going to make me change my mind when my pants are too snug, or my hair won’t straighten, or I can’t draw a straight line with my eyeliner to save my life. It’s on those days where I walk out of the house barley put together feeling horrible that T pipes up and tells me I’m beautiful and justifies his purpose in the morning.

So yeah, I guess sometimes I like my hair, but definitely not all the time. I like my freckles as they remind me of my youth that I’m still clutching onto for dear life, and I like the fact that my eyesight has never failed me and I’ve required glasses like my father/mother/sister.

So let me tell you about some weird things… which I guess I definitely find cool.

1. I’ve never had a nose bleed. EVER.

2. I am double jointed in my fingers

3. I can make my eyes twitch (babysitters paraded me around like a circus act)

4. The top of my mouth is not flat- it formed a rather large bump in the middle

5. I have a blue dot on my butt – no idea how or where it came from but it never goes away

6. My sister and I have identical freckles on our hands

7. My skin has two colors – white and red. No such thing as a tan.

8. My jaw is too small for my teeth – you name it, it’s been pulled out. Twice.

9. I still have my appendix and my tonsils

10. I broke my baby finger, didn’t go to a doctor, it didn’t heal properly and now doesn’t function 100%

So there you have it, the list of things I could write disliking my body would double or triple this list, but these are the things that make me unique. If I were to look at this list on a bad day when nothing is going right it wouldn’t make me feel better, just maybe more like a freak of nature.

Can anyone else top these? I have an overwhelming feeling to feel normal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment