Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#81. Fly first class

Oh how I’ve tried on this one!! ‘T let’s go to New York for a few days?’ No. ‘T lets fly out to Vancouver to visit your sister?’ No. I always try, it never works. However, he has stated that I am allowed to do whatever I want on my birthday so flying first class could be possible, however the goal of having all 101 things done before my birthday would render useless.


So let me tell you about the time I did fly first class – for free!

T & I were going on a Caribbean cruise and were flying Northwest (no longer exist) out of Detroit. T was an elite member with Northwest as he flew with them for work a lot so when we first checked in he asked the attendant if the flight was full and she stated it was overbooked. Off we went to the waiting area where T approached the gate attendant and told her it was our honeymoon and that if there was a chance of first class that we would happily take it. A few moments later she approached and asked me if I was traveling with T, when I replied ‘yes’ she handed us two first class tickets!!



(sorry so blurry, hands were shaking). I also found a pic T took of me with not one, but two drinks at the same time, but it's too horrific to show you :)

Not even a minute later they call first class boarding. We enter the plane, find our spacious seats, and the flight attendant offers us drinks and serves them before anyone else boards! I ask for a rye and coke and she appears with a small glass, pours an entire mini bottle of rye into the glass and then adds the tiniest bit of coke. For that being the first drink it was way too strong. While sipping my drink the rest of the plane boarded rather quickly and she came back and said “Ma’am, I require you to finish your drink before take-off”. So I slammed it back, and for the first time ever wasn’t nervous about the take-off.

I could no longer focus to read my magazine or book, so when the stewardess came around shortly after take-off I ordered another one. My fear of peeing in airplanes was supposedly gone too! I put on earphones and rocked out by myself wishing I had brought some kind of video game or something to do as there are very few people to people-watch in first class. However, I did notice that the others were sipping tiny glasses of red wine, or just having water, and then there was me - more than ½ in the bag.

T switches me seats so that I can look out the window and we arrive in Miami in what felt like maybe 25 minutes. I don’t remember much of the landing, or getting off the plane, or baggage check. The only thing I recall is having a Jamaican taxi driver take us to this gorgeous hotel while I rolled down the window – not because I wanted to feel the warm air, but because I required fresh air.

So that is why T probably won’t let me back in first class….

Also a note of interest while sitting in the hotel room window first thing in the morning I witnessed a helicopter land and Rihanna get out of it – this was one week prior to the whole Chris Brown incident, she was in Miami for a Super bowl appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment