Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#89. Tell someone your deepest darkest secret & #16. Make the first move

Often in my line of work (human resources) secrets are a daily occurrence. Not so much secrets just knowledge that can’t be spoken about publicly. I often know when someone resigns before others, or who is going off on mat leave (not easy to physically tell with employees across Canada) or who is about to be fired or what’s going to happen with a re-org etc. I just sit back and wait for someone to hint at knowing or come right out and think they are telling me something I don’t already know. Then it’s kind of a relief that it’s known and discussions on the effects of whatever is going on can be discussed.


So my secret is an un-healthy, completely insane, premature, non-justifiable, money sucking addiction. But oh how I love it so much. It kills time, provides suspense, keeps me on my toes, and I absolutely had to tell someone before I went crazy. So I told them hoping that they would tell me I was crazy and that I should stop and instead they edge me on!!! They feed me information and when I tell them to tell me no they tell me yes – such a bad influence! Who is ‘them’ or ‘they’? I would tell you, but then I’d have to kill you and that wouldn’t be an overly easy task for me as I know not who most of you are!

And on the subject of secrets I’ll include #16. Make the first move.

I have just made the first move of a life change. For which I will soon be able to share, but that I am unaware of the outcome at this point. So as to not jinx myself I am sharing that I made a major decision and made a move towards it. I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time and am somewhat open about it so it won’t come as a shocker. You probably want to reach through your computer and strangle me at this point? I will tell you soon enough!

But right now let’s just be concerned that there are only 65 days left until I turn 30! I catch myself being all ‘oh isn’t spring lovely?’ and ‘look at the green sprouts coming up’ and then I get a clue and realize that spring = birthday, and then I take deep breathes. And on days like today where we get a dumping of snow and freezing rain I feel like winter is on my side.

Here is what I woke up to this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment