Thursday, April 7, 2011

#37. Minimize pointless drama

This post is coming to you live from my closet where I’m currently in the dark drinking vodka listening to Sarah Slean sing ‘good night trouble’ over and over again. I determined that all of my pointless drama in the past 24 hours has come via something electronic so my Blackberry is currently two floors away in silent mode.

There is something to be said about my closet being my comfort place. I like it, it’s dark, it’s quiet, I can see my clothes and shoes, hell even my wedding dress is in here. Maybe after a few more vodkas I’ll throw it on for old times’ sake and make T dance with me? He loves me, he really does.

So, shit happens to everyone right? Just on different days, and then there are some days where it’s coming at you from all angles and it takes everything in you to just function. Generating complete thoughts or compiling complete sentences is just out. The commute home I didn’t know whether to laugh, sing, or ugly cry? I’m pretty sure all three made performances worth golden globes.

Ok, now actually listening more to the lyrics than “good night trouble”, it states “I kissed my friend”, so if you are in fact listening to the song it in no way relates to any of my current pointless drama… thank god.

Ok, so back to topic. How do you determine what is pointless? Watching drama filled tv shows like 90210 (guilty), or Grey’s Anatomy (guilty again), or how about that ER Pet Rescue … those are just setting yourself up, but what if it’s real life? What if it’s people close to you?

I guess you just determine it’s out of your control. There’s nothing you can do and worrying is not going to get you anywhere,… but maybe to the kitchen to get another glass of vodka (not straight, I’m not that crazy).

So to feel better and to relieve some drama inducing stress if I could right now I would give x* a job, I would remove the knife from x’s back, I would buy x a house, and I would love to be spending all of my time at a (not close) hospital doing crosswords, talking baseball, and watching the masters with x.

So from all of this rambling learn that whatever is tossed at you only makes you stronger (or just believe that as it helps you push through it), learn coping mechanisms (like drinking vodka randomly in your closet), and avoid pointless drama so that you have more gumption (love that word) to handle the larger drama’s that you have no control over.

*note that 'x' is not the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment