Friday, April 8, 2011

#74. Jettison your ‘skinny’ jeans & #69. Own a cashmere sweater

There is no greater fear or level of un-comfortableness than a muffin top and I am against all skinny jeans, leggings, jeggings, or anything with the word ‘skinny’ in the title. Tapering at the bottom of anything below your thighs should be illegal. There is no optical illusion that makes that look appear fabulous on anyone over a size 4.

So do I dare attempt to pull off a skinny jean? Hell no.

In reality I should have put on skinny jeans last April after I ran the ½ marathon, but clearly I wasn’t thinking straight. However I was thinking straight enough to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe in my new ‘smaller’ size for spring.

So what do I dread more than ‘skinny’ jeans? I dread squeezing my winter ass back into that tiny wardrobe. I’ve done zumba over the winter once a week, and have been running/walking once or twice a week once the ice melted, but with my recovery of my back sprain, my phsyical activity has quite toned down from last year this time.

Well today was the day. I was in a bit of a wardrobe funk and decided a pair of capris purchased last spring would complete the outfit. I’ve been off the mocha’s this week (probably another reason for the vodka last night?!) and having been eating somewhat healthier for the past few weeks (what big mac?!). So why not? The weather was supposed to be above 10 degrees and sunny so the start into spring clothing should take place.

Shockingly enough they still fit! So today I wear the ‘skinniest’ item I own and it still fits. Mind you the sun never came out, I don’t believe the weather has gotten anywhere close to 10 degrees, but they fit, so I don’t care.

#69 Own a cashmere sweater


I have been eying cashmere sweaters all winter to purchase but can never justify the price. T has some nice cashmere sweaters I have bought him over the years as gifts, but I’ve never spent that kind of money on a sweater for myself. So I was holding out until winter sales took place and I could get one for a good deal.

So here is what I bought! It was regular $238 on for $99 at Garnet Hill and a co-worker will be in the states next week so I have had it shipped it to her. Plus with the Canadian dollar being so good right now, it’s really not even the $99! I wanted something that I could wear both to work and on weekends and not look too done up but still be comfy. With my luck the first time I wear it I’ll spill something chocolate down the front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment