Thursday, April 21, 2011

#.64 Adopt an awkward teenager

Does my brother count?!

I have no options of awkward teenagers; I do however have one homeless brother who just happened to find a summer job in my town for the summer. He is working for Bell so any of you Canadians who are pissed with your telephone or internet service and want to take it out on somebody – I’ve got a sitting duck.

Will living with my brother be awkward? I would say definitely. I haven’t lived with my brother since the 90’s when we were forced to live together. He was so tiny we weren’t allowed to swear, Santa and the Easter bunny were still real, and my mom still picked out his clothes.

Now he’s turning 24 next month and occupying a spare room. When he moved in he brought groceries – a case of pepsi and a bag of bacon. He comes to me straight from living with four other guys in a house where posters of naked chicks on the walls were the norm.

The kid (and I can call him that because I’m so old) can eat. There will never be leftovers in my house. I ‘don’t do’ left overs, but this will probably cause T some discomfort when he can’t have a piece of lasagne or a taco for breakfast.

Speaking of T, he loves this new living situation. A live in friend to watch sports with, drink beers with, golf with, and play video games with, is the best thing that could happen to him. I myself, got a quote to get a bathroom installed in the basement, hopeful that if I put a fridge and a bathroom in they’ll never leave the man cave.

When my sister lived with us it was great. I had a chick for chick flicks, chick TV shows, shopping, and late night conversations, now I’ll have to ward off all the manliness from taking over as I’m outnumbered.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment