Friday, April 15, 2011

#95. Give yourself flowers

What are your favourite flowers? Or favourite flowers to receive? Sure I could go grab a bouquet of flowers pretty much anywhere, but I wanted to give myself a gift that will keep on giving.

T and flowers are a rare sight. I believe in the 5+ years we’ve been together I’ve gotten flowers three times (I’m not counting the fake flowers he bought once – epic fail). So he’s not even averaging once per year. If I don’t buy my own flowers there are never any in the house.

While living in the city with no gardens or yard I would often go to a farmers market on the weekend and pick up fresh bouquets of whatever was available for $5. They would freshen up the drab colorless walls and the too white kitchen and bring a little of the outdoors (which we didn’t have much of) in.

So this year instead of just going out and buying $5 bouquets I’ve decided I’d like to plant flowers of my own. Flowers that will come in every year, that I can pick out of my own garden and put in vases, to show my relatively small green thumb.

While shopping at Costco I found these lovely Stargazer Lilly bulbs - 18 for $12.99
I plan on planting these in the yard and that they turn out to look like these that I found in Collingwood last summer on vacation.

Hopefully in a few months I’ll be able to update with a pic of the gorgeous flowers these bulbs turn into.

No comments:

Post a Comment