Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Last minute gift ideas here!

I apologize for the crickets yesterday. I wish I could tell you I was caught up in a book, or visiting friends, or sleeping - but no. I got caught up doing a million different things and at 10:45 when I started to blog T came to bed and told me to go to sleep. I agreed.

So just in-case anyone out there is still on the hunt for Christmas gifts and don't have a clue what to get I'll share with you my favorite things & a few gifts I've purchased for others.

Is there a book lover in your life? I've used the all eBook types of devices and hands down love my kindle paperwhite the best. It's very simple, no distractions flashing at me, not heavy, and you can control the backlight to adjust to your surroundings. If your book lover already has a device, a gift certificate to amazon to buy books is never a bad thing. You can even purchase it on their website and email the gift card to them. Awesome - your gift won't be late.

How about someone who is all about summer? I (probably have already mentioned before) recommend Montrail Molokini sandals. These sandals mold to your feet. They are the most comfortable pair I have ever owned, and don't cost a fortune. I wore my first pair for two summers probably close to every day from April - October. I JUST got myself a new pair and they are wrapped under the tree.

Only the locals can grab a bottle of this amazing stuff. I discovered lighthouse lemonade this summer while at a farmer's market on the way up to the beach. The tiniest bit in a glass of water and you are drinking sunshine. I picked up two bottles in September to last the winter & just finished the first.

Know someone who loses EVERYTHING? Get these. I can't vouch for the speediness as it took a LONG time (and nasty FB posts on their page) to get mine after I signed up when it was still I think in kick-starter stage - but I basically stuck one on everything T needs to leave the house in the morning. All morning freak outs have ended.

Do you have family that lives far away and you wish you could send them pic's on the regular without them having to go to their computer to view or print out and put on the fridge? I suggest this. It is the Pix-Star digital picture frame. It receives pictures via email. The frame can be programmed to turn itself on in the morning and off at night. We gave this as a gift to my parents a few years ago when the grand kids started arriving and it has been wonderful. My parents aren't overly technical so I set it up (user must have Wifi) and I can monitor the feed from here through their site.

Those are what come to mind off the top of my head. Now sorry to cut this short but I snuck out for a 5km run in the cold tonight and need a bath & my book to warm up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment