Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Let's Eat!


Christmas dinner is a HUGE responsibility. So huge I don’t think I’ve ever taken it on solely. I leave that up to my mother & mother in law. I’m perfectly fine contributing to the meal in the way of say mashed potatoes or a salad, but the entire thing I’m terrified to attempt.

You see I’m not a huge cook. I don’t love to be in the kitchen at all. Recipes that have too many ingredients, or ingredients I can’t pronounce, or have to go to a specialty grocery store to purchase, aren’t happening in this house. Also picky eaters (me included) put a kibosh on most new dishes.

This year however I am hosting Christmas Eve dinner. I need to feed 5 adults & 2 kids. I need to steer clear of turkey, ham, or anything that seems Christmas related as there will be too much of that in the days to follow.  So here is what I’m throwing together.

Mini Lasagnas - So easy and the recipe makes tons. 


Caesar Salad – store bought of course ;) or maybe I’ll let my mom bring it

Cheesecake Dip - Not at all healthy. But it's Christmas so toss calories to the wind. You can switch it up and add any pie filling, but cherry is always a hit. (For Canadians finding the no-bake jello cheesecake mix is impossible to find. I buy in Michigan)


Now of course the dessert is a favorite that I’ve made the last 2 years. The lasagna’s I made in October to try out the recipe, and the garlic bread I made in September as part of a fancy lunch. I don’t dare try new recipes the night of, the night would for sure result in take-out pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment