Friday, December 18, 2015

Holiday Cheer

What is the first drink that comes to mind when you think of Christmas? Probably Eggnog, which I find absolutely disgusting. My go-to non alcoholic beverage for the holidays has always been Canada Dry cranberry ginger ale. However, this year stores carried is starting at the Canadian Thanksgiving (October) which ticked me off. Out of spite I have not bought any this year.
This pic is from last Christmas

The type of drink over the years on Christmas eve has not changed for me, but the quantity sure has. I can no longer wake early open gifts and then nap. Instead of a bottle or wine or even a glass at dinner, I think I'll be skipping it this year and just sticking with my rye & pepsi's. I'll play it safe to avoid a headache or hangover.

Now Christmas morning will without a doubt be my coffee & baileys. I start every morning that way :) Other years my sister and I would make mimosa's late morning - but this year with her being pregnant that is out. So again relatively tame.

If you don't want to be tame this year I highly suggest a Raspberry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail. It is a bit of work but definitely worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment