Thursday, May 26, 2011

#1. Swim Naked

There is nothing more thrilling than stripping down to nothing and jumping in water.


My first memories of swimming naked were when my parents had put a pool in our back yard and we discovered that if you weren’t wearing any bathing suit bottoms then you would slide down the slide much faster. Being seen by the neighbours made it even more thrilling so we’d run to the top of the slide and throw ourselves down at warp speeds.

Next memory of swimming naked came during a camping trip with high school friends. We had all run down to the lake one night and thought skinny dipping might be a good idea. Of course the girls kept their distance from the boys and we all kept our clothes on a floating device so the boys couldn’t steal them, but there was still a level of excitement. If I remember correctly the boys had their clothes taken by another friend and they had to run back to the campsite completely nude. Ahhhh, good times!

Over the years we’ve skinny dipped at the cottage. Often there would be a drunken late night chat around the campfire where someone who had gotten sun burned during the day would bring up how nice a cool dip would be and we’d all drop the clothes and run. A male friend of my sisters after skinny dipping got his campfires confused and ran back to the neighbour’s campfire instead of our own!

Over the long weekend Lake Huron was too chilly for swimming naked. Call it old age, but the most I got into the lake was my big toe. Maybe I’ll make an attempt again in a few weeks, but for the time being I have swam naked, but really don’t feel like checking into a hotel for a night to attempt to swim naked in public before I turn 30. Again, blaming this one on old age.

Swimming naked has always occurred at night and I always think of this song whether clothed or not.


If you have never swam naked, add it to your bucket list, it’s a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment