Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#56. Disagree out loud & #100. Be Notorious for something

Man, am I good at this. It is an understatement to say I’m opinionated and it’s definitely something I’m notorious at. When did I discover that I can’t blatantly lie to someone’s face and have them not notice? In 10th grade when I started working in the women’s clothing department at Zellers. Day in and day out women would come out of the dressing room and ask me “Do I look good in this color”, “is this dress too tight”, etc. And I didn’t have the heart to say ‘yes’ to make a sale. I guess it helps that I wasn’t on commission. Now I would say “let me grab you a size bigger for comparison” or “let me pull another color” and hope they would figure it out on their own, but I just couldn’t say ‘yes’.


So if you are ever in need of an honest answer – just ask away!

As for a few current things I disagree with:

1. The thought (even though by the time I’ve posted this it is no longer) of Donald Trump for President of the USA. All kinds of things are wrong with that. He thinks because he owns a bunch of fancy buildings and a line of mattresses and has a TV show he can be president? Now I can’t say that I’ve researched this but sometime around the Rosie/Donald war wasn’t there reports of him going bankrupt? If so, he’s definitely not qualified for presidency.

2. A bereavement policy at my work that doesn’t give you any time off of work for the death of a great grandmother/great grandfather. Hello, if it wasn’t for your great grandmother or great grandfather you wouldn’t be here!! We are a company that revolves around farming, and farming revolves around family, and this policy needs to be changed.

3. Wind turbines in lakes. I agree that they are an eco-friendly way of generating power, and for those farmers that wish them on their properties they are fine. I do not agree with anyone being forced to have one put on their property or the idea of putting them out in the lakes. Our Great Lakes are challenged enough environmentally than to purposely cause more damage. Also, have fun enjoying a beautiful sunset over the water with that nonsense going on. No.Thank.You.

4. Boys/Men wearing skinny jeans. I don’t get this fashion trend at all and I wish it would go away. They look all disproportional and sick looking. With the skinny jeans and Justin Bieber hair and often a toque when it’s not required temperature wise they only remind me of the character in the books ‘Where’s Waldo’. Aren’t men supposed to want to look strong and protective, not like they’d blow away if a strong wind came up? I don’t get it.

5. Justin Bieber. Being Canadian I should be proud of his accomplishments. In reality I wish he would just go away. He is annoying on every level. My only hope is that is voice changes and he fades from stardom and isn’t replaced by something more annoying before my future children reach the stage in their lives where they look for idols.

So there are a few, and I mean the smallest amount as this list could actually become the start to my daily blog posts. I tell it as it is (for me anyway) to anyone who wants to hear it. I’m notorious for it, but it’s better than keeping this s$%t bottled up!

No comments:

Post a Comment