Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#55. Watch the sunrise & set on the same day by yourself & #15 Build a raging campfire

I’m not sure how the weather has been where you all are at recently but let me tell you it’s been a big bag of crap here. A winter that seemed to drag on forever has only led to a horrible rainy spring. An entire day without rain is near impossible. For that reason finding a day in which to watch the sunrise and set on the same day and get a decent picture has been impossible. I’ve decided that if there is a place somewhere where you can watch the sun rise and set over water on an island of some sort I want to vacation there.


Anyway, due to some pretty crazy sleep patterns I was awake to see what should have been sunrise if it wasn’t for all the fog over the weekend. Here is an eerily foggy beach, and I was alone until the early morning dog walkers took over.


Sunset was more exciting. The lake was calm, the breeze was warm, and the only sounds were of children playing down the beach.


Just after the sun went down I prepared my raging campfire which I absolutely loved doing. Of course my friends in attendance thought I was crazy, however the excitement of finding an entire tree to torch was like an early birthday present. Here is my set up:


And the lighting…


And full on raging campfire!!!

The night was topped off with an amazing show of confiscated fireworks put off on the beach by some off duty OPP. Another May long weekend come and gone, but definitely a great one for the ‘memory’ books!

No comments:

Post a Comment