Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#32. Write thank-you notes for everything

I was beginning to think thank-you notes had gone the way of the dodo bird. Kind of the same way hand-written letters are never received from anyone from anyone other than my grandmother. Like clockwork after every wedding shower, wedding, or baby shower a cute thank-you card would be received in the mail within a few weeks.

I for my wedding being the overly organized person that I am had a spreadsheet with names, address', what the gift was etc that could all be exported into the label wizard and printed to easily address the cards. For EVERY gift a card was sent with a personalized note thanking the guests for their generosity.

There has been one wedding that I attended that a thank-you card was never received and it was the talk of the attendees for months after the wedding and years later is still brought up often in conversation. I ALWAYS make sure people are thanked.

At work I’m not so much a thank-you card, however I am one of those annoying people who end 99% of their emails with a “Thanks!.” Or often I’ll add one of these:


I’d also like to thank you as I’ve been MIA lately. There are a zillion things on the go and well only 10 days until the big 3-0. I have drafts of posts and ideas and jotted notes all over the place, it’s just finding the time.

So thanks for your patience, be prepared to be bombarded the next 10 days, I have 17 more things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment