Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#58. Have a Mantra & #18 Be your own muse.

Mantra (defined by wiki): A mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of "creating transformation" (cf. spiritual transformation).Their use and type varies according to the school and philosophy associated with the mantra.

For me this one word would be ‘breathe’ as I often forget to. Minutes and hours and days go by and I don’t often sit still long enough to just breathe. If I am sitting still my mind won’t shut off so I’m constantly thinking, planning, organizing, slowly driving myself insane I’m sure. However if I remember or if T notices I’m not 100% relaxed the word ‘breathe’ usually a command from T “J9 breathe!” will do the trick.

When I’m lost in a million thoughts and have made a million mental lists for the next day and it’s WAY past my bedtime if I can trigger myself to focus on my breathing I can often fall asleep. And yes, when I was younger I was hooked on Faith Hill’s song ‘Breathe’ and her flowy bed sheets she was trying to pass as a dress, whatever, she looked good.

Obviously years ago I couldn’t look to myself as any kind of muse for anyone, let alone myself. There was nothing in myself I found inspiring. Reading back through my diaries the only other common theme other than boys was determination. I don’t like being told I can’t do something. That then becomes a challenge and I’ll work my ass off trying to accomplish it. This I absolutely love about myself.

When too many things pile up on my plate, or things don’t go my way, or I wake up in a horrible mood and there doesn’t seem to be an end to it. I know that tomorrow I will wake up and it’ll be a different day and I have the strength and ability to put anything behind me and move on, as hard as that is sometimes.

I also very much find inspiration in my ways to create creativity in all situations. I enjoy a blank canvas, and if I had the funds oh what I could do! Now I’m no Martha Stewart, but I enjoy arts and crafts and one project inspires another which inspires another.

When all else fails and I remember to breathe, my strength and creativity can pull me out of any slump!

No comments:

Post a Comment